What a year 2011 was for Maya Jane Coles. Voted ‘Producer of the Year 2011 by DJ Mag, named ‘Best Breakthrough DJ 2011 by Mixmag, debuting at No. 9 on the Resident Advisor ’2011 DJ Poll’, scooping ‘Best Newcomer 2011 at the Ibiza DJ Awards 2011, many magazine covers and the likes of Anja Schneider, Ellen Allien, Damon Alburn and Tricky all queuing up to offer their praise.
Well that was 2011 and this is most definitely 2012 where the bar is set to be raised once more for this rather unique 24-year old, British/Japanese producer; with Maya already scheduled to DJ in over 20 countries in the first 6 months alone, some interesting release projects to be announced, some huge remixes and of course – the big one, the release of Maya’s debut album.
Maya Jane Coles will play 10 UK dates this February and we are jealous as we’d love to be able to catch one of them. Hopefully she’ll hit Australia shores soon!!!
- 3rd February – Stealth, Nottingham, UK
- 4th February – The Rainbow Warehouse, Birmingham, UK (Earlier Set)
- 4th February – Just Jack, Bristol, UK (Later Set)
- 10th February – The Arena, Middlesbrough Arena, UK
- 11th February – Mint Club, Leeds, UK
- 16th February – The Twisted Pepper, Dublin, Ireland
- 17th February – Audio, Brighton, UK
- 18th February – Fabric, London, UK
- 24th February – The Arches, Glasgow, UK
- 25th February – Shine @ Stiff Kitten, Belfast, UK
Parallel Worlds by Maya Jane Coles
Something in the Air by Maya Jane Coles